Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lasagna Soup

This is another great recipe from my good friend Jenn Hawkes. I just invited her to the blog so hopefully she will put more of her scrumptious stuff on here for us.

Ingredients:
1 lb. Italian Sausage (I use Italian turkey sausage)
2 C onions, chopped
1 C carrots, diced
2 C mushrooms, sliced (or diced)
2 T garlic, minced
4 C chicken broth
1 14.5 oz can Italian style stewed tomatoes (I use diced cause my hubbie won't eat stewed tomatoes)
1 10 3/4 oz. can tomato sauce
1 C penne pasta or pasta or your choice ( I actually use 2 C. of pasta to make it go further)
2 C fresh spinach, chopped
1 C provolone or mozzarella cheese, diced
1/4 C Parmesan cheese, shredded
4 t. thinly sliced fresh basil


Brown sausage, then add onions and carrots and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and garlic and saute another 3 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and bring to a boil. Drop in pasta and simmer until cooked about 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted.
Place in bowls and top with some Parmesan, mozzarella, and basil.

No comments: