This recipe came to me via my SIL and I subsequently found it on AllRecipes.com so I linked the post title to their site. LINKY :)
Turkey and Quinoa Meatloaf ( I used ground beef)
* 1/4 cup quinoa
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 large clove garlic, chopped
* 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
* 1 tablespoon tomato paste
* 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon water
1. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
4. Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.