Beef Vegetable Soup From Taste of Home
It goes well with a fruit salad and bread.
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
* 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 4 cups spicy hot V8 juice
* 2 cups coleslaw mix
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
* 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
* 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over
* medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt.
* slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on
* high for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 169 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Click here to find out more!