Cook Time- 6 hr 0 min
Yield-6 to 8 servings
* 6 cups water
* 4 cups chicken broth, low-sodium canned, or homemade
* 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* About 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
* 2 to 3 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
* 3 scallions, thinly sliced
* 1 medium bunch fresh cilantro, leaves torn or chopped
* Asian chili paste, or sambal oelek, optional
Put the water and broth, salt, rice and butter in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until the rice is soft and soupy, about 6 hours.
When ready to serve, remove the lid and stir in the ginger and scallions. Portion the soup into bowls and top with the shredded chicken and cilantro. Serve with chili paste on the side if desired.
Copyright 2007 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved