* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 pounds ground dark-meat turkey
* 1 large onion, finely chopped
* 2 minced jalapeno chiles (seeds and ribs removed for less heat, if desired)
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
* 4 cups fresh (from 6 ears) or thawed frozen corn kernels
* Cornmeal Crust
* 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make filling: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. In two batches, brown turkey, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook onion, jalapeno, and cumin, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes; season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Return turkey to pan; stir in tomatoes and corn until combined.
3. Make Crust. Pour 1/8 of the crust (1/4 cup) into the bottom of each of eight 10- to 12-ounce ramekins. Smooth tops with a spoon; cool 5 minutes. Top each with turkey filling, dividing evenly; sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake on a rimmed baking sheet until filling is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.